Working for us
Looking for appreciation in your work with lots of smiles and 'thank-yous'? If you are looking for a rewarding career in the care profession...
WANTED! RELIABLE & DEDICATED TO PEOPLE TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF SOCIAL CARE WORKERS
Looking after infirm, dependent people of any age in their homes as part of one of our three teams:
GARSTANG, KIRKHAM, OVER WYRE
FULL & PART-TIME JOBS AVAILABLE
NIGHT TIME SOCIAL CARE WORKERS ESPECIALLY REQUIRED
Minimum 2 references required
Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure required (the results may not affect your eligibility for the post & the cost will be paid for by PHC. By October 2010 you must also be registered with the Independent Safeguards Authority.
Your own transport would be a bonus but not essential ~ part-time hours negotiable
5 weeks 3 days pro-rata paid holiday per year
Company mobile phone supplied with 100 free minutes per month for private use (subject to certain criteria)
Uniform. We operate an in-house mandatory training programme to acheive NVQ/CQF qualifications.
Career Opportunities and Prospects
Social care work means helping people; all sorts of people who need help in all sorts of ways; older people who are having difficulty with things they once found easy; young people trying to make their own way in the world; anyone at any point in his or her life who needs support, assistance and encouragement with the day-to-day business of living.
Social care work is about building relationships with people, winning their trust and encouraging them to cope and go forward. It starts with all the small things that you help people to do but which make a big difference to how good they feel.
Social care workers give the practical support and regular human contact that can matter so much to older people, or others who rely on help to live at home. Social care workers become part of a vital support network, linking with other Healthcare Professionals, neighbours and families to make sure that peoples’ needs are met with consideration and understanding.
Quotes from social care workers:
“ It’s a very rewarding job”
“ I’ve never regretted coming into this type of work”
“ I help people to make choices”
“ There is real job satisfaction in helping people to live their lives”
Priory Homecare is an accredited Training Provider enabling us to provide quality training in all aspects of social care work. All new members of staff undergo a half day Induction Course which gives an insight into the work they will be doing.
This is followed by a minimum of 5 days being ‘buddied’ by an experienced social care worker. All care workers are allocated to a line manager ensuring one-on-one management support. Supervision sessions are held monthly for the first 3 months of employment and then quarterly. This ensures that any problems or issues can be identified and a programme of development implemented.
Training is an on-going process with a series of 7 half day Skills For Care courses over a 14 week period. The Skills For Care topics are compatible with NVQ level II units and can be cross-referenced when undertaking the NVQ II qualification for which care workers are registered within one year of starting their career with Priory Homecare. These qualifications will meet the 'Qualifications and Credit Framework' by October 2010.
Benefits of working for Priory Homecare Ltd
1. Wages are paid every 4 weeks direct into your bank account.2. Travel bonus of 15p per mile (over and above first 6 miles of travel from home to work and back) i.e. if you live 15 miles from your team area centre you will be paid 18 miles at 15p per mile (15 miles less first 6 miles = 9 miles, x 2 for return trip = 18 miles)
Certain jobs in remote rural areas get extra travel time paid for.
All jobs include 10 minutes paid travelling time - i.e. a one hour job includes 10 mins travelling time and 50 mins work time.
3. 5 weeks + 3 days (pro-rata) paid holiday every year.
4. Priory Homecare has a Freephone number enabling staff to have unlimited free telephone access to the office 24 hours a day.
5. Priory Homecare is an "Investor In People" company. This guarantees our commitment to staff training and welfare. An opportunity to develop your career is available with Skills For Care, Diploma in Health and Social Care (mandatory). The mandatory training programme will enable you to acheive units in the Qualifications and Credit framework.
6. Priory Homecare is a "Preferred Provider" of service to Lancashire County Council, thus ensuring the viability of the company.
7. All carers are allocated to one of our Line Managers, thus ensuring personal contact and support from a named co-ordinator.
8. After 3 months employment carers are entitled to a company mobile telephone (subject to conditions) which gives you 100 free minutes per month for personal use.
9. On completion of 6 months employment carers are entitled to a 3% pay rise.
10. Pay review every April.
11. A private pension can be arranged for you with expert advice from our Pensions Advisor. Contributions can be deducted from your wages.
12. 24Hr Care manager support for care workers to help with any work issues arising any time, day or night.